Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Secret of Parenting

Yesterday was Parker's two month check up where he received his immunizations. The nurse gave him three shots in his legs-making him cry, making me want to too. He has grown so much in the past two months. He is now 11 lbs 2 oz and 23 inches long. This puts him in the 75th percentile for his age. His head is 42 cm putting him in the 90th percentile for his age. Translation....Parker's head is a little larger for the rest of his body, even by baby standards. That's OK though we think he is still so cute.


At the appointment the Dr. explained that Parker needed to learn how to fall asleep on his own. When I asked a question about if he was really old enough to "learn" by crying it out he said babies can't remember from one minute to the next. Now I was really confused. When we got home and I could tell Parker was ready for a nap we gave it a try. It worked-5 min of fake, I'm really tired, crying and he was out. Then, this morning it worked again. This afternoon it worked again. And just when I thought it had worked again this evening he woke up after 5 min of sleeping. I'm always tricked into thinking that I finally have some technique of being a parent down and then Parker goes and proves me wrong. Oh well, I can't expect to shower get some house work done AND exercise. For today I'll settle for the shower and housework.

No comments: